The tide is coming in
[html]

(360)

Neither bank was incredibly steep, but the river ran deep in parts, and it was dangerous to cross when the high tide came in. The tidal bore gave the river awkward strength, and it was disconcerting -- to say the least -- to see a raised wall of water traveling upstream. Eris had pondered this phenomenom from the Salsolian side of the banks more than once, seating herself on the riverside and watching nature's show. Now, however, the water was calm and quite nearly lazy. It was clear, too -- she could see to the bottom, the tiny puffs of silt and sand flying up from beneath her feet, carried swiftly off.

The far bank rose above them, and the hybrid scrambled up the short incline, choosing her footholds wisely. Salsola's lands were hardly forgiving; there was a harshness to them that seemed to bite and chew at the soul. For all its harshness, however, the coyote woman would not have changed a single thing about it. It provided protection for them, tucked away in their corner of the world. She thought on the other canine's questions, turning to watch the other woman's progress up the bank while pondering the question.

I know no other Russos, but Agata... perhaps. If I do know the name, though, I have forgotten where it came from or who it belonged to, she confessed, rolling her shoulders. Give me some time to think on it, and perhaps my memory will come back to me, she offered, intending this genuinely. She would not spend hours poring over the mystery, but she would devote some thing to it, at least. The next question, she considered more sharply. If she allowed Liliya to see her mother just now, they could quite easily depart from Salsola for good. She needed to hold onto both a little while longer.

Soon, yes -- but not today, I don't think. You must be tired, and hungry. Let's take care of you, first -- I do assure you, your mother is well-kept for the moment, and will remain so, she said, offering a smile to the other woman in comforting.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#simple-text .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#simple-text b {
letter-spacing:.5px; }
#simple-text b:before {
content: open-quote; }
#simple-text b:after {
content: close-quote; }
#simple-text b.npc {
letter-spacing:.5px;
font-style:italic; }
#simple-text hr {
width:85%;
margin: 10px auto; }
#simple-text .infotable td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; }
#simple-text #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:150px;height:150px;border:1px solid #000000;margin-left:5px;background-position:51% 19%;}
#simple-text #pushpin{position:relative;left:53px;top:44px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread