The tide is coming in
The prospect of further family, family connected through her other blood line, gave Liliya hope as she trounced through the river. Eris ascended the banks, and the brown woman climbed out after her. Liliya was so lost in all of this that she hardly noticed the phenomenon of the water’s path until she was standing on the damp river bank. She saw a look of thought in Eris’s face and wondered what was on her mind, before her eyes followed the direction of Eris’s gaze. Her eyes widened at the sight, and she cocked her head. This was more than peculiar, and the Russo woman hadn’t a clue how the river flowed like this. “Is some kind of magic…” She muttered under her breath.

Undeterred for long, she returned to the thought of family. A lump settled in her throat when Eris said that she couldn’t see Verusha today. Her jaw went slack with surprise, and disappointment was wrought in her eyes. “I thought you would take me to Mother,” she questioned, too distress to keep from looking Eris in the face, or to think twice on questioning her.

“I would die for my family, a little hunger won’t hurt me,” she insisted, brows arched as she appealed to her new leader.

Still, Eris had promised to take her to Verusha, and offered a reassuring countenance. Liliya sighed, longing desperately to be back home in Russia. Why did she ever come to this god forsaken land? There was no choice, she had to trust Eris. Liliya knew that she was walking into foreign territory, and into a land occupied by a close knit group of wolves. The best thing she could do now was to listen to Eris. She dropped her head and nodded. “Yes, madam. Where do we go from here?”

300+

Messages In This Thread