The tide is coming in
There was a moment of hopeful mysticism that was dashed when Eris laughed at her comment about the river. Liliya glanced from the dark woman to the backwards flowing water, but even as her laughter rang in her sensitive ears she couldn't convince herself of any other explanation. She felt her spirits fall a little farther, almost having been excited about something in this land for a moment, only to have them lifted once again when Eris changed her mind about the tide. Liliya turned her gaze back to the Auxiliary, a small smile coming to her visage as she felt that hope creep back in. She wasn't sure if the woman was just patronizing her now or not, but she chose not to dwell on it. It looked like magic to her, and if Eris agreed just once, that was good enough for her. “Is a beautiful sight. I vould like to spend more time with this river.” She said, even though it was already established that she would. She would like to follow it one day and find out what other secrets or power it held.

She didn't know enough of the pack or of the woman to flinch away from her reach, though she did watch as Eris draped an arm around her own shoulders. There was nothing off-putting about the woman's touch. In fact, it was almost comforting to have a lady with such a powerful presence show such open acceptance of her. Her tense shoulders relaxed underneath Eris's gesture. Perhaps, if this honorable woman was promising, she should take her word. Although she could not stop worrying she began to trust Eris about her mothers well-being.

She brightened when the woman said her full name, too. There was something about hearing it roll of her tongue, spoken with strength, that appealed to her. Carefully, she considered everything the woman was telling her. So... Salsoa could be like her family? It was the blood relation that Liliya had always focused on, that was so deeply important to the woman, but why? She nodded slowly as she reckoned,

“I think that Salsoa could very likely become my family,” she said, her voice low at first but quickly gaining in strength. Well, it didn't all have to be as bad as she was expecting, did it? After all, Eris was right. Liliya wasn't about to give up her search for the strands of Russo and Agata lineage that were wandering Nova Scotia, but to think that no one else in the world could be her family was horribly narrow-sighted for the Russian. “In fact, I think I should like to meet my new family very soon. But first,” a hand placed on her stomach displayed her approval for Eris's plans. “I vould feel very honored to see this land that you would like to take me to, and eat with you. Perhaps you can tell me more of this place – of the places I might like to go and of those people I vould like to meet very first.”

Liliya straddled apprehension, but Eris – being the cunning leader that she was – found the perfect words to bring her away from the edge. Now a optimistic smile was a permanent fixture among her countenance, and her posture had straightened. Instead of dragging back and fretting about Verusha and her future, she now stood tall and gazed ahead with those gray-white eyes, ready to see Salsoa for all it was worth.

500+

Messages In This Thread