The Entrance of Anathema
Mido was staring straight ahead of himself when a sudden voice scattered and echoed out from the depths of the trees filling his ears. A shiver rushed up his spine, his eyes darted left to right, his heart began to race, and his tail drooped. Mido’s hind legs turned to jell-o causing his claws to crush through the earth from the weight bared on his front legs. His mouth dried out and his throat seized in a moment of panic. Mido could not identify the intent behind the voice. He didn’t feel in danger, just uncertain of what he couldn’t see.

Mido turned his head right, then left ears entirely forward listening for anything. He made a brief attempt to regain himself before answering the question that lingered in the back of his mind. He swallowed, clearing his throat, he reminded himself to breathe.
“M… my name is Mido” he hesitantly responded back. What were only moments that passed seemed like an eternity of silence to him. The sun beat down on him as he waited in anticipation. No response had made its way back to him, but the presence was still there, it just had to be.

“I don’t know where I am, and I don’t mean to cause any problems. All I need is a place to belong to, if nothing else.” He said to who was listening. Maybe he was only hearing things. He wondered how crazy he must have sounded, Mido dipped his head, took a deep breath and let out an easy sigh.

Messages In This Thread