start with your name.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.attila01 {width:500px;margin:0 auto;background:#fff url(http://tammi.sleepyglow.net/souls/image ... Table1.jpg) no-repeat top; border:1px solid #fff;outline:1px solid #787A79 }
.attila01 .in {padding:60px 10px 10px 10px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#191919;}
.attila01 p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px}
.attila01 .box {width:160px;height:306px;float:right;}
.attila01 .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.attila01 .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #191714;width:330px}
.attila01 b {color:#7b879c;font-family:georgia;text-shadow:2px 2px 2px #fff}
.attila01 ::-moz-selection {background: #8898a4; color: #fff; !important}
.attila01 :Confusedelection {background: #8898a4; color: #fff; !important}
</style>

A normal individual might have moved to embrace his now-shivering brother, but Attila knew well their relationship did not hold the bonds necessary for such an action. They were, and had never been , close — normal for Attila with most he met, let alone his family. His bond with their mother was stronger than most relationships she maintained; most of the women he bedded from time to time were purposefully never seen again and removed from his presence at the earliest opportunity. He did not make friends, and did not get along well with his siblings. Attila was, in every sense of the word, as much a loner as one could probably be without multiple social disorders or a permanent status as a eunuch.

But did he regret it? The Aston wasn't sure.

Despite numerous looks of confusion and alarm, Claudius managed to spill the recent AniWayan occurrences Attila had begun guessing at. An overthrow and sacking of Dawali, and a great "visitation" from members of the Great Tribe. The Aston was not particularly surprised — he'd always seen members of that tribe as stiffs and snubs — and despite a respect for Dawali, the Aston wasn't about to get involved in business he no longer partook in. But raids? Attacks against Crimson Dreams? Trouble with Nayati and Liliana, both of whom had been no more than graceful guardians to the tribe? He shook his head. "Unreal," he muttered, and it was true — to swallow such dark and dirty information and consider AniWayans capable of it was nothing less than mindblowing.

"So that's great," he sighed, "my sister gets slaughtered and my birthplace is up in a frenzy. I thought of all places, AniWaya would be the one to stay the damn same." Had he had the fingers in his current form, the boy would have been rubbing at his eyes and temples in efforts to release some of the strain and annoyance. Claudius bleached, shivering still as if the dead of winter was upon them. Attila made no movement to comfort — such behavior was normal for his stammering older brother, and it would only confuse Claudius further to move in compassion rather than impatience. Concern showed in his eyes and furrowed brows, however: "Why don't you get out of here, Claudius? Come with me, back up north. Mom's there, too."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread