start with your name.
[html]

Claudius lowered his head shamefully at Attila's response. Yes, of course -- he knew it, but he didn't know what to say. It just seemed so unlike his mother. He couldn't pinpoint what it was about her, but he'd always been able to rely on her and depend on her. Attila was like her in a different way -- they both knew what they wanted and did what they needed, or so he'd thought. The image of their family, now more broken than ever, hurt Claudius in ways he could not explain. He just wanted them to all be happy again, but he doubted that could ever happen; not for a long time and not unless his mother let this go.

Attila dragged him away from these unhappy thoughts with directions to the Pictou River; and for this, Claudius was relieved. He listened attentively, able to identify Dahlia de Mai as a destination. He recognized the idea of the coyote clan, and although he wasn't sure if he recalled the name properly, he had a general notion that it existed. That was a good start, right? After that, Attila identified Pictou River and his location at the end of it. Claudius didn't know how far away this was, but it at least sounded distant.

He glanced away -- again, shamefully -- when Attila noted that he would be safer if they were together. This was likely, yes, but he couldn't just leave. It was his home after all; and besides, he wasn't sure if Maska had deployed any spies to listen. They were still in AniWaya and Claudius wasn't sure how far Maska would go to remain in control.

"I ca-a-an't ju-hu-ust le-eh-ea-eave. I me-ean... I could... but... when Ani-Way-ya-a-a-a goes... back... to normal," he explained, lowering his voice as he spoke and glancing around surreptitiously, "I want to be here. I want to..." he began, but stopped. He wanted a happy life and a family with children of his own, but he knew no one could ever love him. He didn't want Attila to laugh at him, though now he wasn't sure if Attila would do that. Still uncertain of where they stood, Claudius opted for the safer way out and concluded: "I... you un-der-er-stand... about... nee-ee-ding... to be... myself... you were... you-ourself a lot... I just... need to be... me, too, since... I'm no-ot... really sure who... I am right... now. But... tha-a-at doesn't... mean I can't... visit you... especially if you-ou think i-it mi-ight help... mom."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread