The First Action
[html]
Sorry for my lateness everyone; school is killer :< I'm also assuming Mayanne is not visible? XD

They arrived swiftly and silently--although somewhat less in numbers, although that could not be helped since some had fled the oppression--and Ralla was glad for it. Ayasha was, as per usual, the first to arrive and begin her inquiry. Just wait, sweetheart, she said gently to her daughter, awaiting everyone to settle and arrive. The next to arrive was Leon who she also acknowledged with a dip of the head. Something had changed about the man since his brief disappearance; there was now an aura about him as there had been about those who had communed with the spirits, and Ralla strongly suspected that he had gained the most precious link to the tribe indeed. It made her happy that he had returned, after all, and now he was recognized as a man of the tribe--or, at least, the tribe they were striving to revive.

Luna was next, and was pleasant. It was certainly a shift in mood from last time--rage had cooled to temperance where they would skillfully plan their next moves--and Ralla returned the greetings with a bow of her own. It was flattering that she was still greeted in such a way, unorthodox as it was now as she lay as an Itse, which was below even the beginner ranks. Yes. It's good to have you here, Luna, Ralla said as J'adore then arrived. The man had remained subservient to Maska, but still, Ralla could not begrudge him it. She herself had sent her own pups away, and was somewhat surprised that retribution had not been exacted upon her yet. She had a feeling it would come soon, and she would feel a sting worse than the cuts on her arm. Perhaps her only saving grace was that she had kept her youngest ones so apart from the tribe since Maska's arrival that perhaps they only thought them still holed up in the tree hut rather than disappeared. Nootau arrived with him and alighted gently on her outstretched arm, and she greeted him with a warm smile and a nuzzle to the soft feather about his neck and crown. The colors he sent to her mind were a soft, blush pink mixed with a deep sapphire blue; grateful for the praise, he was, as well as very standoffish about the deed, as if to ask if he would've let her down in the first place. They were an odd pair, the spirit guide and charge. Likewise, unalii, she said as they all then waited for her to speak. They all seemed a bit better than before--or perhaps 'better' was not the term so much as weary of the troubles plaguing them--but she knew that her news would sober them, and it was saddening to know this.

Osiyo, everyone. Thank you for coming again. I understand that it is late, but we all know our present situation... I regret to say that it's worsened. A few days ago, Dawali came to me and told me grave news. The raid in Crimson Dreams brought not only their animosity to us, but the Guardians kidnapped two of their own--their second, Anu, and a young pup. And not only this, but Foxglove's recent disappearance is not a coincidence, either. The Guardians have locked her up as a prisoner, and the place they are holding them is guarded at all times. She paused, giving them a moment for this all to sink in. I understand how this must make you all feel, and believe me, I know, she said while gripping her left arm. The bandages had long come off and the wounds healed over, but whenever she remembered the injustice placed upon them by Maska and the Guardians, it ached now. I had said that patience was our only chance to win this game, and I stand by that. We can't just rush blindly to save them, however much we want to. But I bring good news; Dawali has made a move of his own. This was perhaps an exaggeration, but Ralla believed it so much in her heart that he wanted to see them freed of this pestilence that his words--even if they seemed to not have been meant for such rallying--brought the fire into her heart again. He has told me of a plan to help Foxglove and Anu, and I can't say anymore than that, I'm afraid. But know that our true chief still cares for you all, and is doing the best he can while honoring pack law. This was true enough; Dawali, so degraded by the Itawamba title, had little room for retaliation as she did. But he was trying, in her mind. But we, too, must ready ourselves fully. Has everyone been practicing? Anything out of the ordinary that you've seen or heard? Well, 'out of the ordinary' was very broad, since the entire episode with all this was more than unusual and more like just plain cruel. It was better to see if anyone had any information to offer as well, but Ralla sincerely hoped that hearing their chief talk of action would ease their worries, if even a small bit.

Ayasha, Ralla said to the side to her daughter specifically, there is a task meant only for you, if you will have it. Dawali has asked that we send a letter to Cour des Miracles warning them away from our borders. Mention Maska's taking of prisoners to tell them that it is very serious. The reason I ask you and not someone else is because you are the only other Tsula Agateno, and it will not be unusual for you to be near the carrier pigeon. With a strong feeling of trepidation, Ralla continued. But I don't want you to do this if you don't want to. I don't want to place you in danger. In truth, the fact that Ayasha had to do it at all and risk discovery--and possible punishment--made Ralla's skin crawl. But she was growing up fast, and Ralla had to start treating her accordingly. To live and die by one's heart and duty--this was the moral of independence.

Moon walks. Moon talks. Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug39 b {font-weight:bold; color:#534e5f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #12161b; }
.freebaug39 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug39 {margin:0 auto; width:497px; background-color:#1d3843; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/azf88.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bbc2ca; padding: 134px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a7b8c2; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d3843; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug39 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug39 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread