[aw] I pray you'll be alright
((WC:3+ Thanks!))
She had just picked a small sprig of lavender when a soft voice spoke. She straightened, tucking the sprig of lavender behind her torn ear, smiling in welcome. "Hello, Mars. I'm Deuce Rhiannon. I don't think we've met before... however..." She paused for a moment, thinking back. "I may have known a relative of yours. Rurik Russo. He was alpha back in Syemv. He was a good friend." She smiled at the male, her tail wagging easily. "It was quite a while ago," she added almost apologetically.

She studied him, her posture at ease. She had no real reason to feel uneasy with her pack mates. They were just extended family, related through trust instead of shared lineage. His face shared some traits with the Russian male she vaguely remembered. But there were unfamiliar traits there too. She cocked her head slightly, her white blond mane falling over her shoulder, the grey at the temples barely showing.

"There are others in the lands who look similar. At least, there used to be. Tayui and I look somewhat alike. My son Tal used to be my twin almost. I know there used to be many white wolves running around, but not all of them looked like me. Winddancer, Naniko, both the older and younger Colibri, Pendzez... any of those names ringing bells for you, Mars?" She didn't really mean to ramble, but he was one of the first in the new lands to talk to her, and she wanted to get to know her pack mates better.

It had to be something left over from when she was Shaman of Phoenix Valley. She'd always tried to get to know the members of the pack. It had made for solidarity to know each other at least on a first name basis. She regretted leaving her pack now. Yes, she hadn't approved of Jefferson, and yes she'd been furious when Iskata kept allowing in hybrids, but that was all minor things now. Bottom line was, she never should have left them.

Messages In This Thread