Another day in paradise
ooc: I just had the muse to do this final post. Smile

IC:

“Do you have to go so soon?” she asked, without any real protest in her tone. She knew he did, and she wouldn’t stop him. Cercatori needed protection, and the pair had personally volunteered to keep the pack safe. A kind of peaceful happiness blanketed the woman as the two walked hand-in-hand down the old pier. When they finally stepped off of the boardwalk, Orin glanced back down the wharf one last time. This place really was magical. It hurt to leave, but she knew it would always be here for her and her family.

“I’ll just check on the girls,” she said as she watched a crab skitter away from them. The critter was much too far from the sea, but it took off over the sand with a speed that belied the burden of its heavy shell. “And then I’ll come meet you, if I can find you.”

When she decided to become a duo, a sort of vigilant pair who specifically worked together to ensure the pack’s safety, it very well could have been one of Orin’s impulsive whims. It wasn’t. They had been through so much, this was one thing Orin was set on. She and Shawchert would make an astonishing team, now in more ways than one.

When they reached the coverlet canopy of the Treetop Terrace, they stopped at one of the many ramps that hoisted villagers into the trees, and Orin turned to Shawchert. This time she kissed him, but it was modest, girl-like, and sweet. She hugged him good-bye, and waited to ascend the stairs until her Prince Charming was well out of sight.

END

Messages In This Thread