Stepping stones of life
[html]
+3. When I thought of what to write in this post, it kept reminding me of the first Shrek, when Donkey was talking to the princess and said comically/comfortingly "You ain't ugly-- well, no, nevermind you are pretty ugly."

The male had easily regretted his initial reaction to seeing the female, and knew it was nothing she could control. Something bad had happened to her, that much he knew. Mirthful eyes softened as Bangle stood above her, forgetting his children that tumbled over one another a few feet away. "No, I-- well, no. Sorry lass, didn' mean--" He started to trip over his own tongue, mumbling out an apology, but the woman tried to cover herself as if she were embarrassed about her injuries, and began to speak again.

Bangle's large, comical ears swept forward atop his head as she asked something of the coywolf, and he nodded swiftly. Though he was no medic like Sky or Tal, in that instant the male would have gladly helped if it meant she could forgive him for his outburst. "A'course! Ah, no need, glad t' be'a service," he said, grinning amiably. He had heard only a few things about the refugees, but not much, and Bangle was almost afraid to ask what had happened to the girl.

Stepping up the porch steps a bit awkwardly, he turned back to the AniWayan girl as he opened up the door to the house, feeling slightly out of place for venturing into another's home as if raiding it for crafting treasures. "Bangle's th' name! Err, keep an eye on th' rascals, would yeh?" He asked, knowing they would not go far and dare push the limits of their father's temper. Carefully, as if he were afraid of stepping on glass, Bangle strode inside and looked about for anything that looked like bandages. Eyeing some wrapped gauze on a table, the craftsman snatched it and was back outside, as quick as he had gone in. "This it?" Opening his hand, he let the loose piece of off-white gauze hang down, showing it to the woman.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread