Stepping stones of life
[html]
+5. He has no clue that Saxif is female xD.

At first, there was a terrible, gripping silence. Cold fingers walked across Bangle's spine, which made his fingers stop playing, hearing movements of Shiloh wading in the water. His fingers pressed into the strings again, to break the uncomfortable silence, but then the female's words began to flow and crash as quickly as a waterfall. Bangle sat there unmoving, with the occasional ear sweeping across the top of his head, not daring to turn and face the female that bathed behind him. Every inch of concentration that the craftsman was capable of listened to her story, and with each passing moment his shoulders slumped and his eyes, though she could not see them, were laced with sadness.

He tried to open his mouth and say something, at first, but then bit his tongue and held it. He heard water stirring again, and Shiloh continued to speak. It wasn't until the waterfall of words crashed down, that Bangle's eyes widened, her tears flowing hard and relentless. He wanted to say something, anything, but he was too afraid to even turn and lay a comfortable hand on her shoulder. So, with his back still turned to her, he waited, his mind a blur.

Ralla had told him almost a moon's turn ago about what had become of AniWaya, and he was glad she or her pups were unharmed. But the way the refugee spoke presently, it could not have been a lie as to what they had done to her. Orange eyes narrowed at the thought of any leader attempting to beat their members into submission, to follow their ways and never let them leave. The pair, Shiloh and her mate whom Bangle had not yet seen, were exiled..but would that stop this Maska he had heard about to go looking for them?

"I-I'm sorry, truly." The words were barely above a whisper, his ears pinned so far back from his head that the tips nearly touched. He dared not mention this split personality that the woman mentioned, for it had not presented itself to the coywolf yet. The male shook his head, beads click-clacking in his hair. "I.. I'm sure yer mate still loves yeh. N' yer safe 'ere now, you n' him both." His tone was louder now so that she might hear above her crying, attempting to be as comforting as possible.

From afar, his pups came bounding back, with Robert trailing something in his mouth and letting it drag behind him. It was a rough deer pelt brought out from Skye's house, to serve as a towel for the woman. Robert dropped it on the earth in front of the tub, and sat looking up at the crying woman with violet eyes, silent. Erzulie stood up on her hind legs and put her front paws on the rim of the tub, leaning against it. "Wha's wrong? Why yeh cryin'?" Her words had a curious tone in them, but Erzulie was just as nosy as her father. Bangle coughed and cleared his throat, which was enough of a signal for the pups to walk towards him, and the coywolf male shook his head again.

The Guffawri male put an arm around both of them, as if attempting to shield them from the horrible story Shiloh just told him. "If there's.. anythin' m'self or Skye, me mate, can do fer yeh.." He trailed off, sure that they had met the leader of Cercatori and welcomed them gladly. He was sure her heart went out to them and offered them safe refuge. But for how long he was not sure of. Robert piped in and said something aloud, turning back towards the woman in the tub. "Mommy will protect ya... just like she protects us. Right daddy?" He squeaked out of his words, but he wagged his tail happily, as if he were proud, turning to look at Bangle who nodded swiftly in turn.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread