Stepping stones of life
[html]
+3. I actually had no idea that the pups are this big now o_o;

Despite the stiffness of his body as he sat there, Bangle's muscles twitched at the slight touch from the female behind. The coywolf was unsure whom was comforting whom then, but it did not matter much. Silently he bit his tongue at the mention of her mate, assuming the norm when it came to such things. But the embarrassment was forgotten when Shiloh spoke kindly to him, and he turned his head slightly to the left, eyes pointed to the ground. "Aye.. thank yeh." He wasn't used to words from anyone but his mate, but he welcomed them all the same. When she turned back around, so did he, facing the wide open of Thornbury once more.

The flush of the difficulty of a compliment crept on his dark face again when the female behind him spoke highly of the little coywolf pair. As his arms encircled the unsettling pair, he pressed them close to his side for a moment, as if he were suddenly afraid they'd vanish forever. The craftsman's head snapped back up as Shiloh asked for his assistance once again, and he got up from his position on the floor, dust swirling around him. Eyes still lowered, he offered his hand once more for her to steady it on, but out of the corner of his gaze he noticed her difficult. "Lil' Frost, th' towel." He nodded over to where it lay on the earth, too out of reach for the injured woman. He did as he was told, his wagging tail now falling limp behind him. "I-I'm sorry," he said, looking abashed as he backed away.

As the Guffawri father stood there, his thoughts still lay heavy on the AniWayan ordeal. He wasn't sure how much Skye knew, or if she had spoken to the refugee pair, but he would be sure to tell her all the same. "Ralla never tol' me it was that bad," he stated in a low tone. "Me n' th' rascals went fer a visit not long ago.. but we weren't allowed through." Bangle shook his head, beads clinking, sure that he didn't have to explain to Shiloh the reason.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread