an attitude i would like to devour
[html]

[/html]Tayui was careful not to show her true emotions when Eris spoke. She wasn’t sure if it was out of prudishness, but Tayui could not genuinely see this cat as a companion or a friend. Like the wolves of Salsola, it was a predator. Tayui’s instincts told her that this cat was encroaching on their pack lands and should be chased off, but apparently, Eris did not feel the same. However, since the cat was a toy of the sub-leader, and the leaders of Salsola fancied themselves rulers of a small, wealthy sultanate, she knew it would be best to keep such comments to herself.

Instead, she chose to take the lead Eris so temptingly dangled before her. Yes, how was she, Tayui? Well? Fine? Good? Any was an appropriate answer and all were socially acceptable, but she was none of these things. She was constrained and peeved by Sirius’ love of himself and still uncertain what to make of Eris. She felt like the dark woman was trying to get a rise out of her with comments about how she loved the way the cat murdered. ‘Yes,’ Tayui could reply, ‘I too love seeing animals felled,’ as if it weren’t a part of normal life and therefore nothing beautiful about it.

With nothing else to say, Tayui opted for predictability.

“Doing well,” she replied. She had nothing else to say, really, and nothing exciting to report. “How are you doing then? I’m sure being a sub-leader must be awful hard work,” she added. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread