an attitude i would like to devour
[html]
[/html] "Heresy?" she questioned curiously. "I don't speak against any god or mortal when I say that, Miss. Eternity," she replied. She spoke carefully, not wanting to descend into scorn or condescension again. She knew they had disagreed once before over the meaning of the dark woman's name and Tayui feared that they would disagree again. This time, she was not spurned by curiosity as she was before. She had been held back by fear, biting her tongue and knowing it was safer as she had done with Sirius. But unlike Sirius, she didn't get the feeling that Eris was curious about her ideas. Sirius had seemed as though he wanted to know what and why she thought things -- but Tayui had also felt like Sirius would strike her down later. Tayui worried that Eris would simply strike her down rather than listening to her.

"Forgive my transgression then, Miss. Eternity," she concluded, thinking of the Lord's Prayer of the Christian folklore. "I did not mean to offend your religious sensibilities. I apologize if I've offended you. Perhaps it would be best for me to leave. I will not speak of such things again." [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread