shadows
[html]

Cypress was right, to a point. The Inferni coyotes were hardly coyotes themselves; yet they were ostracized and experienced hate because of what they resembled. Even he had been labeled as something “less” than a wolf. This was why Gabriel refused to call himself such, though he knew it was true. Like Eris, he was only a coyote in faint and forgotten ways—his combat style, his sharp profile. Dog, he had been called. Never coyote. Wolf he rejected with the hatred of a man who knew the cruelty of others. How could he not, when Baneesh had died, screaming, before his eyes?

Gabriel listened to his son, recognizing that he had given the boy his color and his size. Anu had shaped them though—Anu had made him look like her with those blue eyes and the soft demeanor. He would never be able to resemble Gabriel beyond his body; though he carried demons of rage and wrath. “I returned because Inferni is my blood. I have bled for Inferni, and I have killed for it. You must be prepared to make such sacrifices for whatever you call home. If your pack is truly at war, you must not run from it—nor can you run from your anger. Harness it. Use it. Ezekiel is much like you in that respect,” Gabriel added.

“You need to realize, Cypress,” the older male went on. “That while I am your father, Anu did not want this life for you. She wanted you to live without knowing the turmoil we face in the north. Battle and war changes people; it makes them wicked. I believe your mother wanted you to know the Sun’s warmth, and not its cruelty.”

<style>
.mel-crosstxt-box {background-image:url(http://imgur.com/D0dTU.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:237px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.mel-crosstxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.mel-crosstxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.mel-crosstxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.mel-crosstxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mel-crosstxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread