Different Drum
She listened to his descriptions of the various places to stay. She was a bit torn between the hotel and Lunenburg. But the hotel seemed nicer. Hopefully there would be more people there than other places. So she was going to say the hotel but he continued about duties. The man seemed to want to let her choose and was glad that there were so many choices about where a member could stay.

He mentioned that there were plenty of other duties that she could take, not that she wanted to. The hotel seemed like it was where she was destined to stay. ”It sounds like the hotel is where I’ll be staying then.” She gave a slight smile at the thought of having one place to stay. After having wondered all her life, staying in one place would be wonderful.

His last question made her smile. ”Yes, I’d like to join.” She was glad that he was willing to take her in. Pearl was a lot calmer than when he showed up so she used fewer words. She was still friendly but quieter. ”That is if you’ll allow me.” She was a bit unsure for a moment but tried to keep optimistic.

Messages In This Thread