dawn of a new day
[html]

The woman seemed startled that she was speaking with a non-luperci, and though she quickly apologized for her outburst, Vesper’s smirk grew a little less warm. She would not hate someone for a harmless remark like that, however. While she was often irritated by the way she was viewed, being one who wasn’t “gifted” with other forms, she could understand why others were so shocked. “Not many of us around here, are there, sweetheart?”

The luperci introduced herself as Aysun, mentioning that she was new to ’Souls. The loner nodded slowly then pricked her ears when she mentioned an Inferni pack. “I haven’t heard of it, actually,” Vesper said, her brown tail swishing behind her and her blue eyes curious. “I’m quite new to the area as well, but I’d love to hear more about Inferni.” She knew that an understanding of the packs and their structures around ’Souls would be important for her survival. She might end up joining one that she found worthy, but for the most part, she needed to know how tolerant the packs might be of a random non-luperci loner like her. If they had bad reputations, she’d skirt them, and if they were kind, she’d ignore them.

Aysun talked about her torn ears, and before the coywolf could restate her question, she went on to explain about the emeralds. “Piercings,” Vesper repeated, glancing at the bars. Luperci tended to decorate themselves a lot, she’d noticed, and while some of them were ridiculous and seemed to only get in the way, she thought the earrings looked nice. “I might have to ask about getting something like those.” She smirked and flicked her untorn ear. “In this one, of course.” That would require dependence on someone with hands to put the metal through her ear, but maybe she’d find someone tolerable and interested in piercings during her travels.

The two scarred females appraised each other for a while until Aysun asked if Vesper had ever considered becoming a luperci. Immediately, smoky-streaked hackles stiffened, and she flashed Aysun a disdainful look. She wasn’t entirely irritated by the question, mostly because Aysun seemed nice enough for a luperci, but it was clear she didn’t think much of it.

“I think I operate fine the way I am,” Vesper stated firmly. She looked over her shoulder at the water then back at the green-eyed girl, wearing a smirk. “And, from what I’ve heard, the process of becoming a luperci is either disgusting or painful.”

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. I've been going through a really busy period. ><;

<style type="text/css">
.vespergokey b {font-weight:bold; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey i {font-weight:italic; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana;}
.vespergokey p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vespergokey {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6cca7; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3370/longvesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 510px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#3B322C; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread