The Mark Has Been Made
[html]
<3 im much less busy now and i promise i'll get to posting in this thread MUCH faster

The great mountain dog was slightly surprised as his leader, his alpha, bowed lower than he did to her and addressed him as his title. His surprise did not show on his face, however, and he remained calm with aplomb. Even while she said that she sinned, he did not allow shock or aversion to show on his placid face - although she said that she sinned, although she divulged that much, she was still his higher in rank, and still another living being. He did not wish to give more distress than she was already feeling at the moment.

He didn't know that the crime she had committed was something of such magnitude until she divulged the information to him - he was surprised, yes, but retained his composure. Empathy crossed his face - to have taken another's life, another canine's world and breath, was a terrible crime indeed, something that would change one forever, something that you could never erase from your history. It was a bloody mark on the pages of her life, a scar on the face of her story. He dipped his head for a moment, both in feeling for her and the canine whose life she had taken, whoever it was and whatever its story had been. He then raised his great head to look his leader in the eye.

"It is indeed a terrible thing, to have taken the life of another," he rumbled - his voice was warm, empathetic, and contained no malice towards his leader. It did not cover the truth, however. "You have remorse in you, my leader, Jiyru - when a death has occurred, it is between two, and only one emerges. It is with that one that you must consult - that one is who you must ask, was it with good reason? You must ask that one, what can she do to amend this wrong, to balance out the actions in her life?" He looked at her still, eyes warm yet unwavering, kind yet unyielding. "You cannot forgive your actions if you cannot forgive yourself."

<style type="text/css">
.ansui02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#BFD2E1;}
.ansui02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ansui02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7999B2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Y25fg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D3E2; padding: 57px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4B607C; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.ansui02-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
000+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread