Face your fears
[html]

The girl glanced up at the sky, seeming confused by her claim to be able to read the stars. With a small, sideways smirk, Vesper followed her blue gaze to the heavens. There were, obviously, no stars out—just a haze that might have been a rainbow from the moisture in the air. She flicked an ear when she heard Eclipse speaking to her again, and she let out a soft chuckle as she realized she hadn’t been very clear.

“Well, I don’t read them like a—what did you call them, books?” The loner shrugged and looked out at the rest of the mountain territory, scanning the wilderness for sign of any other animals that might come to Pictou Falls for a drink. “I don’t read them like you’d read a book; I read the constellations like a map so I know where I’m going. I look at the stars every night before I go to sleep so I know what direction to set off in during the morning.” She smirked and tilted her head slightly. “Though they do move—a little bit. They move kind of like the sun and moon, but you don’t notice unless you’re looking for the pictures they make.”

She almost offered to teach the teen about some constellations, but the suggestion died before it could truly form on her tongue. What am I thinking? She had no obligations to Eclipse, and she probably wasn’t going to stick around here much longer, anyway. The girl was simply someone to talk to for a little while. She frowned.

Eclipse mentioned then that she was learning how to cook, which the coywolf didn’t really pay attention to, but as she claimed that she’d be a great hunter, Vesper grinned. “That’s very cool. Hunting is a good skill; maybe you’ll get a neat rank in it.” She wasn’t sure how the pack ranks worked, especially because they seemed to change from group to group—all fairly confusing to the loner, but nothing that was too far beyond her imagination. “Or at least a lot of respect.”

She let her nose wrinkle a little. “How does cooked food taste? I’ve never really been able to have any; I didn’t see the point when I was in the wilderness. I heard that luperci can add spices and whatnot to it while they roast it.” She wasn’t against the idea of cooking if one had the free time, but she still couldn’t quite imagine how differently it might taste.

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos b {font-style:bold; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos t {font-style:italic; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread