the ant and the grassho[p]per.
[html]
Not at all ^^ I'd only mind if I didn't have broadband, lulz. Also this thread makes me giggle XD Sorry about the wait--usually don't have the energy/focus to post after work during the week >_o

Boy, this girl was doing a number on him. Although Barry usually had good luck with the ladies, he was accustomed to initiating whatever flirtatious banter himself. He knew to show some restraint so he didn't come off as overbearing or creepy, and ordinarily, he kept his wits about him to ensure he wasn't grossly misinterpreting body language or other non-verbal cues. That was all well and good, but whenever a woman showed this much interest in him outright, his brain tended to short circuit. Here, flirting became less an intellectual pursuit and something more raw, more instinctual.

Fortunately, he did a good job projecting the same cool confidence as always, even as her light touch caused his fur to stand on end and his pulse to quicken. Over these reactions he had no control--it was simply his body's way to make him appear more impressive and start ramping up hormone production. He had no idea she was already quite taken by his physique, although, unfortunately, his height in this form was somewhat misleading. On all fours he stood taller than most; on two legs, he was only about average. Nevertheless, he would tower over her by a good two and a half feet. Even now he realised she was quite petite, but the true extent of her diminutive stature was lost on him--it was hard to judge, since she wasn't standing and he wasn't shifted.

Besides, there were better things to worry about. A party? I think that's something that can be arranged, he purred. Barrett didn't think there was a wolf in all of Nova Scotia better prepared to party than him, but he wouldn't say as much. He'd let her reach that conclusion herself. By the sound of it, she was halfway there already. That's correct, he confirmed with an impish grin. Won't really be in full swing production 'til next year, he lamented, but I've plenty of other goodies to hold me over, he added suggestively, both as a promise and a dare. Pick your poison. Whatever she wanted, he would surely be able to satisfy her needs.

<style>
.barry-graffiti p {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barry-graffiti b {color:#3CBCD7; font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:12px;text-shadow: #000000 0.1em 0.1em 0.3em;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-graffiti b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-graffiti b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-graffiti {font-family: 'PT Sans Caption',verdana,sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#777777; text-align: justify; background-color:#2B292A; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affiti.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px;width:100%;border:0;}
.barry-graffiti-ext{background-color:#ffffff; border:3px double #000000;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:450px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;margin-top:20px;}
.barry-graffiti .ooc {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;border-bottom:1px dotted #222222; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#555555;line-height:12px;}
.barry-graffiti .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #222222;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread