Healing touch
[html]

WC:000+ - Slowly getting over it...

He tried to protest. She gave him props for mentioning the ramp and all, but the girl still frowned when he told her how to do her job. You got off lucky, sure, but that doesn't mean I'm about to send you home battered and broken. I'll fill Orin in on what happened, but you've got to stay here tonight. Doctor's orders. Her tone lightened a bit as she spoke, the worry she'd felt when she'd first seen him like that slowly coming back into her voice.

She was angry about the fight and she'd chosen Taliesin over him... but at least she'd willingly admit to still loving the ex-alpha. The love wasn't as romantic as it had once been, but it was still there. She cared.

She just didn't show it very well anymore.

You did a good job, Shaw. There's no fire and nobody's dead so you've done your job well. She praised as she pulled out a rather contrasting series of needles and stitching thread from her bag, along with some bottles of liquid marked in bright warning colors and cloth.

As I'm sure you're aware by now, this will hurt. She paused a second to pull out a syringe before continuing. However, lucky for you, I've made up some pain killers for just such an occasion, so the pain won't be as bad. You'll feel a touch light headed and then probably fall asleep once it's set in. That's the only side effect, though. I've tested it and nothing bad has happened to anyone I've used it on.

Sky had looked up hundreds of different pain remedies in her books. Finally, she'd found one in an old herbology book that worked without side effects and she could make it out of local plants without much trouble. It was normally placed in an open wound before the wound would be sewn shut but that was barbaric in her opinion. Instead, she'd managed to find a safe way to inject a liquid version with a syringe.

She held out her hand once the clearish green liquid was in the needle and all the bubbles were gone. Let's see your arm. You'll feel a pinch and in about five minutes it should kick in. I'll give you some herbs to chew on before you fall alseep. That should keep your immune system up and help with the blood loss. Clearly, she'd been putting a lot more time into her medical studies. She was hurting, though; being the only real medic in the pack meant she'd have a lot to deal with if there were every an outbreak of sickness or a battle. She'd recently been considering taking on an apprentice of sorts... maybe that 'lucky nurse' would be the next person to fix up the accident prone man instead of Sky. Who knew.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.SKRai-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread