Blessed hands
Dawali continued to silently pray not to be revealed, and tried to keep his hands from shaking. He marveled at his hands at the same time as he recognised the fear they had for them. He could most certainly hurt them with such hand, though he would not. He could understand her reluctance, but knowing who he was he could also see it as folly. For a moment he stopped to fetch patience in the heart of himself. Here he was, offering them the best draughts against the pains, and safety from the burning fevers of festered wounds, and they would not trust him. Well, he knew that he was to be trusted. Anu would learn, and Foxglove might have to re-learn.

"You should trust me, lest you enjoy pain." What choice did she have, anyway? He continued to unpack his instruments as he pondered that question. He had seen the way she was awkwardly tied up, and he could see that it was probably painful. How lucky he was to keep the Itawamba rank. "Tell me about your injuries, and I will treat them," he repeated. He had a limited amount of time for his task, and Anu would make use of it if she was clever.

Messages In This Thread