firefall
[html]
as a game I put my hand over the flame

:> Word Count »

He spotted the approaching trio long before they neared. His body stiffened slightly, for they were strangers to him and the woman wore feathers. Yet they came without aggression and the woman even halted her boy, who whined loudly at the injustice. Gotham relaxed, lifting his head curiously. They were the ones that had begun this whole incident, the ones that Anu had sacrificed her own safety for. As much as he wanted to hate her for that, he couldn’t—not when she smiled at him and told him everything with her gaze.

“Nice to meet you,” he said pleasantly enough, his manners those as an alpha’s son should be. “I’m Gotham. You should be pleased, your son is very brave,” the dark male went on, turning his gaze to the boy. Gotham’s size alone was impressive, though he was neither trained nor aggressive like the warriors here. In fact, his knowledge of fighting was purely instinctive; he knew nothing more than how to wrestle and play as he had when he was a boy. “Do you know where you’re going?” Gotham asked, careful of his tone. He did not want the woman to be insulted by him thinking she might be lost.

I thought I was smarter as I flew into the sun,
but it turned out the way it does with everyone
<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... gotham.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread