With patience wrongs are turned right
[html]
[/html] Claudius jumped when she shouted at him. He pushed himself backward, balancing on the big toe of his left foot as he clutched his two hands tight to his chest. He could feel his heart beating rapidly in response to her sudden outburst. What was wrong? Was he talking too loudly? Was someone coming? Now, with his ears almost completely folded against his skull and still clutching his hands, he glanced around himself surreptitiously searching for the guards. Nothing. He looked back at the wolf and took another step closer, but stopped abruptly when she demanded he speak no more. Why? Why not? He wasn't putting her in any more danger than she already was -- and besides, he could help her. He could fetch her food or water or even make her something that would help her feel less gloomy. He didn't know what though; dyes only had so many applications.

She bared her teeth at him and Claudius recoiled once more. He froze, and then reached up with one hand to feel his cheeks. They weren't sodden, but there was a bit of dampness. He frowned and then moved closer and reached out with his one arm and extended his hand, which was still a bit wet with tears.

"P-puh-please," he stammered. "I just... wa-a-a-ant to he-elp you. I ca-a-a-an ge-e-e-et you... food... or water... since... I do-on't kno-o-ow ho-o-ow they've bee-een treating... you..." he explained, descending into a whisper as he moved closer, hoping to rest his one hand on her shoulder. "And ma-a-aybe so-ome com-pa-a-a-any. You do-on't ha-a-ave... to be... afraid... of... me..." [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread