walls will only crush you when they fall
[html]
Not at all! Big Grin

The river had been damned quite cleverly. Water still flowed in its banks, but there were now constructed grates that would now allow a canoe to pass. It had been a smart thing to do, but Nayati now worried that the next time the Guardians came—and there was no mistaking that they would come again—they would be on horseback. Coming by canoe had been stealthy in a way that riding horses was not, but mounted warriors were so much more dangerous than those on foot. Especially if they were facing those who were on the ground. He knew Crimson Dreams housed some equines, but they were obviously not so fond or proficient with the creatures as his own people were. This concerned him greatly. Perhaps, if he did stay, he would have to teach those that did have steeds how to fight upon their backs. The Utina was not a warrior, but hunting techniques could easily be adapted to battle.

He had been so lost in his own thoughts that he had not heard the other man approach, and it was only when the Dreamer cleared his throat that Nayati was thrust back into the world around him. The exiled AniWayan was greeted with a friendly face and an extended hand. Somehow that was almost worse than being met with loathing. These people were so kind, and they were being put through hell because of him. "I am," he confirmed, shaking the dark wolf's hand. "It is an honor to meet you Leon. I believe I might have spotted you fighting the night of the raid. You were very brave." The weapon the Dreamer carried was unique, and not easily mistaken. For being taken unawares by the force of Guardians, the Dreamers had fought back admirably and well. "I must...apologize for what is happening to your home. I cannot help but feel responsible for your strife," the hunter said solemnly. The shame he felt was etched clearly on his strong face.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatifog b {font-weight:bold; color:#9aa7b5; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #545a7a; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatifog p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayatifog {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#798696; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... atifog.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545a7a; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6a7f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread