walls will only crush you when they fall
[html]
Psh, it's fine! I'm sorry for the wait DX

The humble way in which Leon accepted his compliment spoke volumes of the man. Nayati had always been taught that humility was a good thing, and that one should never become too full of themselves. Pride was good only in small doses that did not over-inflate one's ego. It was clear that this Dreamer walked a similar path to the hunter. "Bravery is not diminished by the number that fight with you. It took you all courage to stand up against the Guardians." They were trained warriors, and from what he had seen of Crimson Dreams they were a wholly un-warlike people. Yet they had not flinched from defending their home against the band of warriors. "You have no need to thank me, it was the least I could do. Plus, I believe it is now you who give me too much credit," he said with a sad sort of smile. There was no saying if the Guardian he had killed would have done irreparable harm to Savina. He had simply been doing his best to stave off the attack that he had caused.

The surprised look upon Leon's face was perhaps not unexpected. It probably wasn't the norm for someone in his position to actually apologize for the strife that they had caused, but Nayati could not help his guilt at all that had happened. He felt he had been doing the right thing when he had stood up to Maska and his goons, and when he had taken his family with him away from AniWaya...but had it really been? Would they all have been better off if it had kept quiet, or left them in the tribe? He did not know the answers to those questions, but he knew that Crimson Dreams would not be in this state if he had not come here with his family. How could he not feel shame for such a thing?

When Leon said that he could not blame him though, the Utina was completely shocked, and looked at the dark man in utter bewilderment. The mention of Anu only poured salt into his wounds, and he couldn't help the wince that briefly marred his features. She was his friend, the one who had granted his family sanctuary, and now she was paying the price more than anyone. Leon's faith in her only showed how much the Dreamers loved and respected her, and made him feel all the more wicked. The man's last words injected some sense of hope back into him though. "I am flattered that you think so, and your father sounds like he was a wise man." A weary sigh escaped his lungs. "Still...I will never be able to forgive myself if something happens to Anu while she is held captive. She should not be suffering for this." It should have been him.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatifog b {font-weight:bold; color:#9aa7b5; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #545a7a; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatifog p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayatifog {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#798696; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... atifog.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545a7a; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6a7f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread