Mother sea, come wash it all away.
[html]
+400!

The man spoke his name and Liliya froze, her usually expressionless eyes staring at his face in utter shock. He might have preferred her sudden excitement to be over his stature in the pack – which in itself was impressive enough – but it was the surname that caught her attention. It was Janos! The Dark Lady had promised her that there was another by the name of Russo among Salsoa's ranks but she had yet to meet her relative. Now he stood before her eyes, this dust-gray and scarred man. She suddenly saw no weakness or pity in his torn up countenance; instead she only saw the Russian blood that coursed through his veins... their blood.

“The Madam... Madam Eris told me about you!” she proclaimed joyously, her arms flying into the air. “On the day I met her and came to Salsoa, I said, 'I am lookink for my family. They are important to me.' And vhen I told her my family name she said that there is another by my name here! This is an amazingk day!” All at once the dark mood and gloomy thoughts that filled her mind vanished, replaced only by the joy of finally finding another Russo.

“My mother and I... I brought her back here from the mother country so we might find our family. Well, she is not Russo – she is Agata... never mind - but I am Russo. And so are you!” She was so happy she could dance. She held out her arms as though she expected what she was saying to dawn on Janos at any moment, as if he too was on a lifelong search for the rest of the Russo pedigree and would leap into her arms, enraptured by the discovery.

“I have been with Salsoa for a few weeks. Maybe just over a month,” she provided the information quickly when she remembered his inquisition. “Mother is with me-” she kindly left out the part about Verusha being caught as a slave for now “-we met the Dark Lady Eris just past the river, near the shore where our boat washed up. She give us food and protection, and in return I give Russo usefulness.” She grinned and nodded as though the statement answered all questions anyone could have about the jobs she does for the pack.

“My father, he is Rurik. You know of him, no? My mother, her name is Verusha, she is here in Salsoa too. Tell me, who is your father? Your mother? You were born in Russia, no? You have accent too. Is little, but is there, is to be proud of.”

<style type="text/css">
.nukimuki b {font-weight:bold; color:#bbc0da; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0b102f; }
.nukimuki p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nukimuki {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#333d7b; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/15gsgfq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 485px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9396ad; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread