Daddy, let's dance!
ooc: So sorry for how long this took. I've definately still got my Zulie muse though!!
300+

IC:
The pup continued to work, blissfully unaware that she was being watched by anyone. Over the imaginary line she drew a new groove, poked a couple dots into the ground, made the crook shape that looked like a walking stick, and drew something that could be leaves or fish – it was hard to tell. Her eyes narrowed as she inspected the drawing for discrepancies and errors, but her labors seemed to be paying off as the intricate symbol took shape in the real world thanks to her paw. She was still looking at it carefully when a great blob of shadow blocked her sunlight.

Surprised, she lifted her head from her seated position and looked at the trespasser upside-down. A look flashed in her deep eyes that seemed to show disappointment, “Oh, Daddy, it’s only you.” Some greeting to give to dear old dad first thing in the morning, and she didn’t mean to offend, but she had thought it might have been someone more… mystical… creeping up on her again.

Then the proper excitement for her audience began to sink in, and she righted her head and stood up, her white tail whipping to and fro and her head bobbed as she looked from her father to the veve. “I didn’t really do it, I just copied it. Someone else did it first.” She saw the amazement in her father’s eyes, and felt a little saddened. She wanted to be able to tell him that this was all her doing but she knew better than to lie. And to lie about something like this drawing… well if she was a little older she’d think it felt unholy.

“Will you help me make it my own?” she asked with a bark, her once slowing tail now paddling furiously once again. “I want some pretty stones to put here,” she indicated the dots, “And a real walking stick would be better. Well, not a real one, one that fits on the picture. It’s for someone…” she glanced around conspiratorially, then motioned with her head for her daddy to come closer and whispered, special.”

Messages In This Thread