Running from the Tide
[html]

Sorry for the delay (again)! I should be faster now, work has slowed down some. I'll keep this thread short, though I do quite enjoy your writing.Word Count »

The girl (though she was hardly a girl, and appeared to be his age) appeared nervous. Enkiel watched her impassively, dark ears forward and high. While he did not afford the rank of leadership, he was a higher ranking member of the clan and a long-term one at that. His cousins led this clan; why wouldn’t he behave as if he might have reason to assume their thoughts? Talitha was easy; she disliked wolves (to a point), dense women, and generally wanted more than simple skills. Ezekiel was just the same, though he waivered when it came to sympathetic stories. In some ways, he was more yielding than his sister.

“Very well,” he motioned for her to rise. “Tell me your name, and where you lived before this. I see your weapons; how well can you use them?” Short, simple. He was not the type to make small talk, and especially not with strangers. While his English was clear, his accent lingered—he enunciated the words in the way that only well-educated foreigners did, lacking any accent beyond that of his native Arabic.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/enky.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread