Running from the Tide
((OOC: Thanks. n.n Short is fine.))

Now that she was standing up, she found it curious that the 'half wolf' who was interviewing her was not so tall. Alma would have been 5'10'' if she stood up straight, but as it was, she was a little less than that. Her siblings were the same height or taller than her; she hadn't heard of a short half-wolf, half coyote, though she supposed it was possible...

Though Alma detected a slight, unfamiliar accent in his voice, she felt more relaxed than she had been. It still hadn't registered that he was something other than wolf and coyote. "My name. Is Alma." Her speech was halting and slow, and did not flow as well as it should have. "I come from very far southwest of here. Wide open fields. Lots of grass. Less water and rain." She paused for a moment, as if thinking over her next words. "Father disappeared one day, I left my pack to look for him. I did not find him. Two years since I left." She conveniently left out that insignificant 'angered the alpha and was reduced to omega' event. That wouldn't turn out well no matter how she spun it.

She occasionally glanced up at the Jackal, but for the most part did not look at him directly. Her tail was pointed downwards, while her ears were almost flat. "I hunt with the bow and fight with the spear. I have not had to do much fighting, only hunting." She was not a skinny coywolf, despite having to hunt for herself. "I have more skill in making bows and spears than in fighting, truth be told, but I wish to learn more." Her ears shifted towards him slightly, as if awaiting his response.

Messages In This Thread