Running from the Tide
Alma's head turned this way and that, trying to take in her surroundings and noting landmarks. After two years of travel, she did this almost automatically.

Scents of coyotes and prey animals rose up from the trail, prompting her to search for movement. She saw nothing more than the occasional songbird flying south, however. Perhaps they were making too much noise, or the scent of coyote was too strong on the trail.

She shook her head, and tried to focus on keeping up with the 'half wolf'. As her eyes came to rest on the path ahead, she happened to notice some particular hoof prints in the ground... horses! Alma saw them occasionally when she traveled, though caution compelled her to stay away from a rider on horseback. They were much faster than she was in her two-legged form, and had the potential to trample her if they were so inclined. Still, the power alone was alluring, and she wouldn't mind trampling someone like Aden if she had the chance to ride one.

Her thoughts wandered on a similar path as they walked, and only the sound of a loud caw jolted her out of it. The rust coywolf blinked and looked up to see a raven perched upon a pair of skulls, and a pale coyote not far behind.

Alma nodded as Enkiel introduced her, making sure not to look the Aquilia in the eye.

"...I will leave her to you." The coywolf looked at his retreating form, alarmed, and rather like a scared puppy being abandoned by a thoroughly disinterested mother.

Not that she was attached to Enkiel particularly, she just wasn't sure what to do. Alma coughed, and composed herself, trying to pretend as if she hadn't shown a moment of weakness.

"I-I am pleased to meet you."

((Not sure the scared puppy bit is appropriate, but it's the only way I can think of to describe the face she is making in my head.))

Messages In This Thread