run, forrest, run
[html]

Word Count :: 406 OCC

Alyssum bit her lower lip slightly as she realized she’d been talking more than usual. She did not like to talk much, since some people would just get lost in thought if she spoke too often, leading her to keep most of her thoughts to herself. She couldn’t help it; it seemed that the wolf was attentive, yet she thought he was only trying to put up with her and be polite. Now she watched her mouth, making sure it did not ran for long as to not annoy the patient Loviere. She especially didn’t want to ward him off by simply talking too much.

“No, you don’t have to give me anything,” she said briskly, “I do not require anything from you. This isn’t a trade or anything…” She was momentarily confused as to why he would think that he would have to give her something. Alyssum was content with what she had, since she had to travel light, and taking something from Loviere that she did not need made her feel uncomfortable. “Well, I do ask for one thing. In trade for lessons, I ask for a motivated student. If you feel like not learning anymore, then all we have to do is stop. Fair deal?” It was odd to call the older Luperci a pupil, but then again, if she was going to mentor him, it is what he would have to be.

She thought over a moment of what the man said, of how she might have better things to do. She had thought of returning to Inferni, but... The coyote clan was what not she missed; their beliefs that wolves like Loviere were a bane, and she only managed to at least quietly acknowledge the prejudice. She then understood it was the company inside of the clan that she longed for and called her back to Nova Scotia, but they seemed as distant as the sun with their dark beliefs. “I have nothing better to do,” she said with a smile, “In fact, it’ll be a good experience, to teach someone.”

She continued, moving on to the more pressing subject, “Now, would you rather learn with your knife first or hand-to-hand combat?” It was a personal choice for Loviere to decide, and in her opinion, she favored her own body than relying on an item. Though, the case might be different for the wolf, because of his lame leg.

table by cactus; code by the Mentors

<style>
.lightninglov { background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#a57d6d; width:381px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:0px solid #FFFFFF; outline:0px solid #000000;}
.lightninglov b {color:#993300; }
.lightninglov p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.lightninglov p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.lightninglov .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread