Couch Potato
[html]

+3 table by shannon

Loviere observed the carpenter work as he talked, carefully watching how he worked the wood so that he might mimic the older man in such a way one day. Loviere was good at the small stuff. He always had been. It was like his hands had a mind of their own when he whittled. They gave life to his figures and sculptures as they were shaped. He was not terrible at making larger things, simply inexperienced. In his life of wandering, making large wooden items had been impractical.

He nodded, then spoke. "Those are beautiful names, Shawchert. I am sure they are lovely children. Myself was not planned either."

He smiled softly, remembering his parents' stories. They had never wanted to start a family. It was against their idea of a good lifestyle -- why they preferred to stay alone, Loviere would never understand. Loviere raised his eyes to Shawchert in excitement when he heard the man's question. Of course he would love to learn how to do bigger projects. Or at least get more experience with larger things. There was little his tiny sculptures could do, besides entertain people or add to the decor of a room.

"I would definitely enjoy learning. And helping. I like help... to help, I mean."

Over the two years of his life, Loviere had grown better at catching the flaws in his speech. His parents had always told him he thought faster than he could speak. He was not sure of where his minor speech flaws came from. His father called him dumb, but Loviere did not like to think on that. His stupidity was also the reason his father had claimed that Loviere could learn Low Speech so well. But Octavian was one of the smartest creatures he knew, he had long ago realized. Intelligence level did not determine how you spoke or what you spoke. He scratched his head softly, focusing his attention back on Shawchert.

It might be fun, when he had learned a thing or two, to come up with some projects of his own that he might be able to work on. Surely he might be able to come up with something that could help the pack. And of course, there was the matter of him not having a house of his own.

<style type="text/css">
.Lovi-sdb b {font-weight:bold; color:#997766; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Lovi-sdb .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Lovi-sdb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Lovi-sdb {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e9ecf6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZsCHK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #666666; padding: 10px 0px 295px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#aa8877; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread