Couch Potato
[html]

WC: 341 OOC: SO SORRY THIS IS LATE! Also I have no ideas the tools woodworkers use and i'm too lazy to look it up now so, uh i'm sorry if i'm vague on the "tools" used Sad

The large man gave a nod to his new friend as he explained that he was also an “accident”. Shawchert didn't think accidents were a bad thing, and he loved his children with all his heart no matter the circumstances he had them in. Besides if Loviere had been better planned it might not have been him that was concieved and he wouldn't be here today, at least that's what Shaw saw it as. The man agreed to learn and Shaw couldn't help but grin at the man happily.

“It's actually not much different than carving, just takes a few different tools and a bigimagination. Normally with a couch it would be made in different parts, but seein as these are pups who are going to own it, I'm not really going to make it so flimsy. It'll be pretty heavy though. You start with shaving the bark off with this...”

He showed the man the tool and then went into further discussion, letting him know everything he did up to the point where he was working. He explained he finer points of working on large projects, tips tricks, and explained the tools to use. He explained some of the rules of carving out big things from wood, mainly the bigger the project the heavier it was. Shaw knew he would have a hard time getting the couch into the children's play hut, but he would manage, he always did. He grinned at the man, then looked around, spotting the rest of the trunk that was left over, there was still a good three feet left of it, though it had a few branches on it.

“Here there's one right there, I can show you. Here's what you need to get the bark off, it's like … peeling off the skin of something, like you do when you whittle.”

Shawchert said giving the man the item he had used to take off the bark. He'd help Loviere find an understanding of the tools at least.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread