the skin i can't wait to shed.
[html]

(305) Erg, I wrote a whole other paragraph and decided I hated it so I deleteeed. :C

The hybrid was not so surprised to hear the approach of another, and her sable-hued head twisted to meet the stranger, glittering chartreuse eyes taking in everything at once, mind processing this lightning quick. In an instant, she wished she had brought along some sort of companionship. Even her owl, physically useless as it would be against a canine, would have been something for intimidation. Eris was painfully aware, however, that she was quite alone and quite far from Salsola. Nevertheless, she did not think this canine posed a threat; the pale stranger was rail-thin, with little more than the leanest of flesh on her bones.

There was also little sign of attack coming forth from the woman. Even so, Eris maintained her guard, offering a reserved smile to the other woman's greetings. She hoped the brush of bayberry and ocean bath was enough to rid her of Salsola's scent -- it would not do to be identified by their enemies so far from home. The sable-shaded woman made no effort to move and remained seated, but neither did she make any attempt to shoo the other canine away. Hello, she began, hesitating a moment.

Her demeanor was kindly enough, but all the while, Eris's sharp mind clicked rapidly from possibility to possibility, considering each one. She did not wish to be unprepared for whatever this wolf might bring along with her, and far from home, Eris was far from trusting. Nevertheless, there was nothing amiss with the faint smile that showed on her dark muzzle to the snow-colored woman. You look tired. Sit a while, if you'd like, the hybrid offered, though she moved over a pace, as if to indicate she did wish for some distance between herself and the stranger rather than terribly close proximity.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#simple-text .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;