the skin i can't wait to shed.
[html]

(408) Always liked having a computer in class. >_> INTERNET FOREVER

Eris Eternity did not know her grandparents. A faint pang of jealousy reverberated in her chest, rattling softly against her ribcage. She had not even known her father, let alone his parents. Kaena's parents were also a blank, no less mysterious than the scarred old woman herself. Eris wondered what it was like to have heritage to inherit; the sable-hued woman had carved her own way in this world, leaving her own markings on it. How different she might be if only she had a path to follow.

I think your grandparents told it true. It is good to know where you come from, the hybrid agreed, though that faint rattle of jealousy still held her captive, and the smile that fell across her coal muzzle did not reflect in her lime-hued eyes. When I traveled here, I ate only what my cat could catch, she said, her voice taking on a tone of lamentation that seemed odd, considering just how long ago it was that she'd made her way northward and just how far she had come since then. When you're ready, she added, indicating she was in no rush to eat.

The woman's questions were considered with a pause, and Eris tilted her head back, eyes roaming to the sky as if it held the answers. There are many packs here, yes. I do not know what to call this land. Some call it... ah, Nova Scotia, I think, the hybrid admitted, rolling her shoulder in a shrug. Others say the place is called Souls. I'm not sure which is correct, she said. Eris did not know the origin of either name; the first sounded utterly foreign, and the second seemed silly.

The question regarding her pack was considered more heavily than the rest, and the answer Eris provided was surprisingly truthful. My pack is to the south, quite a way. I would avoid trespassing, she warned. Even if I were to find out you are my blood sister here and now, if you trespassed upon our land later, I would be bound to punish you. There was no threat in the hybrid's tone or her expression; rather, she seemed almost regretful that she had to issue such a warning. It was evasive -- a tactic, nothing more. The last thing Eris Eternity regretted was defense of her pack and her family. She would never apologize for such things.

<style>
#simple-text { width:95%; margin:0px auto;
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p { text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#simple-text .txtooc { text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#simple-text b { letter-spacing:.5px; }