Your secrets I will kee[p]
[html]
Gonna close this out if you don’t mind, I pped Soran in the wrap up paragraph. Let’s have another one soon Big Grin / +337

When Soran gave him her sympathies and placed her warm hand to his face Zalen reached up and put his own large paw on hers, rubbing gently into it. The fact that Soran cared for him so deeply meant more to him then he could ever tell her and he gave her a broken smile. The pain that was associated with the love he felt for Lucia was difficult to bear, but somehow this sable woman seemed to make some of the discomfort go away. She drew her hand away and Zalen listened as she spoke of her own opinion of the coyotes, how they had driven her pack away, how they were savage and Zalen nodded. Even his wise, older mentor thought they were no good and once again Zalen was struck but the fact that the wolves in the area had done nothing to put the smaller canines in their place.

Soran then asked something that made Zalen take pause; had his opinion of Lucia been changed by this knowledge? It was a difficult thing to think about this for his feelings for her were so great. With a sigh he ran a hand through the top of his mane, I’m not sure… I’ll have to think about it. I do know that I love her, but… I don’t know. He was very confused, but suddenly this melancholy subject no longer suited him. He would have the mull over the problem of Lucia at a later time.

Please, let’s talk instead about the poetry book shall we? I was wondering if you could help me understand a few words I don’t recognize. He retrieved the faded book and flipped through its yellowing pages to show her exactly what he meant.

Wrap up: Zalen and Soran spent a couple more hours together, discussing the literature. Soran helped him decipher the words he didn’t understand and he in turn read out some prose for her. Afterwards, they embraced and parted, saying that they would again meet soon.

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-widow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b6653; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.zalen-widow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalen-widow {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#110f0f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/66epvr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f3f31; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalen-widow p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalen-widow p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread