A knife in the dark [AW]
[html]

My first post as a pack member... yay!

Faeli's skin twitched as her muzzle rested on the ground. At every sudden noise, she would snake her head in the direction that it came from, dreading the worst. Fortunatly, no stone-cold killer burst from the trees. Faeli sighed and dropped her head so that it landed on her paws, which her stretched in front of her. She wiggled around so that she could lay in a more comfortable position, instead of being splayed on the ground with her paws twisted underneath her.

“What?” Faeli growled as her head jerked up. Her ears swiveled towards the rustling in the bushes, her nose quivered as the air around her grew tense with silence. She blinked and stared into the dark forest, all of her senses alert. Ever since she had joined Crimson Dreams, she had been on edge.

Her eyes widened as she called. “Who's there?” she asked. The only answer was the soft swishing of the trees as they bent and moved in the wind. Faeli blinked sleepily, wishing that she had gotten more sleep the previous night.

Image courtesy of mandj98@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.faeleaf .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; color:#6d7176;}
.faeleaf p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.faeleaf b {color:#ef9352; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.faeleaf {background-color:#c2c9d3; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/auegbt.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e939a; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-radius:5px;}
.faeleaf .inner {margin:0px 10px 275px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/4t9a28.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.faeleaf .wordcount {color:#6d7176; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #6d7176; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread