Fall so far behind you end in first [p]lace
[html]

Private for J/ Mars Smile WC: 855

The afternoon was bright and warm, the Autumn had rolled in quite quickly but for today the weather seemed to be fighting the potential chills, the sun hung high in the sky still, a few clouds littering what would have otherwise been a sky of clear unflawed blue. The hardier birds that had not left for the south were circling high in the sky, enjoying the bright weather and the subtle breezes that were blowing through the lands. In the centre of the pack lands lay the Haven Manor, the tall building's windows were gleaming in the sunlight, the old wood creaked slightly as it warmed, expanding slightly, unperceptably in the warm weather. The grass was still lush and green, the wind rustling through it gently as it was with the leaves of the trees, now more than half were bright vibrant reds and yellows, turning from their summertime green into their autumn colours, eventually they would fall and winter would set in, but most seemed to be holding fast, clinging to the branches of the trees determindly, not wanting to give in to the seasonal change it seemed.

The pair of sable females had stepped out onto the wooden porch of the house, smiling slightly at the sunshine, this was their new home and it seemed to be wonderful. The girls had been unsure when they had arrived here, being greeted by their new Consul, she had been huge and agitated, though she seemed to have softened when she realised that they shared her Patrician's blood. They had not really managed to explore the lands at all, they had crept into the house, sure that their mother would be there, following her scent to her bedroom door, her name was carved untidily into the old wood, the taller of the sisters, Rain, had traced the lettering with her fingers, grinning at her younger sister, but when they had entered the room they had found it quite empty, except for a note which had been laid on the bed carefully.
To whoever comes in here,
Although it pains me to leave here when we are having such difficult times I am afraid that something has happened and that I now have matters to attend to near to the Northern packlands, I hate having to leave when such things are happening. I shall be back in a few days, if anything should happen whilst I am away there is a sword under my bed, anyone is welcome to use it to defend our home.
I hope to be no longer than a few days,
Soran.

The pair had read over it carefully, realising that they need not be too worried about their mother, that she had simply gone to attend to some issues that had arisen in the more northern packs, they were unaware of the troubles that had happened within the pack, the problem with Naniko, anyone who knew this might have guessed where their sable mother had gone, but the pair simply took her at her word. The exhaustion had soon set in and the pair had slept for almost two days, curled around one another like cats on their mother's bed, wondering what had been so important that their mother had left the home that she had always spoke on so warmly.

The pair had waited in their mother's room for her return, passing the time by unloading their wooden cart, which was filled with a great many trinkets and useful items. They had waited patiently for what had seemed to be an age, finally their mother had stepped through her bedroom door, flinging down her canvas satchel and dragging the pair into a warm hug. The smaller girl, Kiwi had been overcome with delight to see their mother, her usual shy nature falling away, the three sable females had sat and spoken for hours and hours, Soran telling them all the new adventures she had been having since she had arrived here. This was how the girls had passed their time between coming to the lands and this very moment, when they had finally decided to go exploring, the younger girl, Kiwi was reluctant, she was a very shy creature and found it difficult to cope with new situations, but the elder girl had finally convinced her. The pair stood on the porch for a moment, allowing their eyes to adjust to the brighter light outside. The older sable female smiled and brushed some of the loose plaits out of her eyes, she kept the main body of her hair in a single thick braid which ran down her back, but the shorter, loose bits that were close to her face were dotted with small plaits, adorned with feathers and beads. The shorter girl's mane was very long and curled and held no such adornments, she found her own mane untamable and had ceased trying to make it neater and more like her elder sisters. With a grin the elder female reached and took the smaller girl's hand, the pair of them stepping off of the porch and into the pack lands.

Image courtesy of Tiny banquet committee@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.mentor-Rain .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.mentor-Rain p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.mentor-Rain b {color:#d13a00; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.mentor-Rain strong {color:#426b23; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.mentor-Rain {background-color:#453e27; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... p/rain.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.mentor-Rain .inner {margin:10px 10px 310px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ite_50.png); background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread