the deeper the sorrow
[html]

WC: 584.

She listened when Silvano began to speak, and it surprised her slightly that he knew of Inferni. The girl wasn't sure how much he knew, but there was real bitterness in his voice, and she could not understand just why. Venturing a look towards his sharp emerald eyes, she saw the darkness within them too just then, and had to look away quickly. It was not the kind of eyes she was used to looking into, nor the voice she was growing accustomed to hear. Now, now it was... wicked. Her brows furrowed when she tried to understand why a kingdom wouldn't take to the likes of them, though between her and the mottled male their fur was not tawny nor their ears as large as Ezekiel's was. Giselle wanted to ask the man next to her why he thought they were not friendly, but she bit it back instead.

But her concern for that disappeared when he tried to greet his colt in its own language, even though hers was pronounced 'a little funny', as the golden prince had told her. There was no mistaking the bubbly laughter that she emitted, but she purposely bit her tongue, afraid to laugh anymore. The colt seemed to find the whole thing funny as well, and Giselle wondered if any of the nearby horses had heard it as well. She thought she heard one stallion behind her whinny with amusement, but her merriment kept her focused on the young creature in front of her. But, persistently, Silvano greeted the colt again, to which she smiled at.

The genuine smile up at him, however, was greeted with a serious look, when his emerald eyes bore into hers. He seemed serious about something, and his mood was not one she had seen since his initial apology. It made her blush lightly, though Giselle could say why, and her body turned and walked carefully over to the next stall, to a grown mare. Carefully, she laid out a hand for the creature to become familiar with, and the young woman's laughter floated into the air when she felt the mare's nostrils wriggle along her open palm.

Before the silence could go on any longer in the musty air, it was broken. She finally responded to him, but without so much as looking back at him, for fear of that sharp gaze that made her feel unlike herself. "Oh, nothing really. I asked about his kingdom, but he only smiled and told me it was no place for me." The words felt like a confession, and they hung heavy with feeling. 'Elle wasn't sure why she was denied so much as seeing his clan in the north, but she could only believe Silvano when he said they did not welcome them. "But he was very kind, Silvano. I do not see why his people wouldn't care for us. He even brought me back here upon his horse." It was the truth. She had no reason to lie, after all. The familiar sting around her eyes could be felt, but she breathed deeply to push them back. Petting the mare before her a couple of times, she withdrew and turned back to him, her dress swirling in the motion. "Does he come when you call him? I'm sure he doesn't like being cooped up in here, when there's all that room outside to run." Indeed, it was even an excuse for her to get a breath of fresh air as well.

<style type="text/css">
.giselleflowerswirl01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.giselleflowerswirl01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.giselleflowerswirl01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.giselleflowerswirl01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/1766 ... eswirl.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread