The water won't spare us
Edit: if anyone from this thread wants a post-meeting thread with Tayui one-on-one, let me know! :} I am up for some more threads 8D
[html]
[/html]Tayui was quiet and contemplative as she waited for the few canines to file in. Though she would have welcomed assistance from any creature which agreed with their goals, she wasn't so sure if any other creature would care like she did of the wrongs that had been committed. What would a large feline think? Probably nothing. So, she figured it was fine to think of her comrades as canines, but not luperci -- since Vesper was indeed a non-luperci -- as a form of generalizing. Or, perhaps, she could just call them comrades: friends united in a goal. That would suit her fine.

Zalen was the first to arrive. Tayui inclined her head in greeting and let her eyes flick to the door briefly before glancing back at him. More would arrive; she was sure of it -- but she couldn't help but feel a little anxious. She watched as Zalen took up a seat near a window, glanced back at her son, and then at the door. She was nothing without the others.

Soon enough, Drizzt arrived. She smirked when he spoke in French and quickly retorted with the click-clacking québécois accent: "Ouai, moi aussi, ben." She couldn't contain her smirk any longer when she saw Drizzt turn to Zalen, apparently already acquainted. How humorous! She would have never thought these fellows would know one another.

Tayui glanced at her son and then paused to calm her racing heart. They were four now, but she wondered if she would see Vesper or Lucia here, too. She didn't want the group to grow too large, for smaller numbers were safer, but she also understood they needed to have some strength.

With that in mind, she began to speak.

"Everyone," she began, almost sharply, and then paused to add: "comrades. We will right a wrong, and hopefully more. These lands are lawless when you live outside a pack, and sometimes even when you reside in one. We can bring justice to these parts by virtue of our morality. First, of course -- Salsola. You may have heard of them, and I was previously a member there. They harbour murderers and monsters and take slaves to do their bidding. Slaves! If you have at all any love of your fellow canine, this may repulse you to think that they steal others away and keep them as their own." She paused, wondering how much more she should say. She owed them the truth -- they should know who they were fighting.

"It is led by Eris Eternity and Sirius Revlis. Eris is the daughter of Kaena Lykoi and Salvaged Etenity. I don't know if any of you were in these parts before the fire, but Salvaged was a madman who murdered many. I'm not saying Eris inherited this, but she certainly seems to following a dangerously similar course of action. Of course, my anger against them is personal, so I'll understand if you do not wish to help," she explained, and then drew her gaze over to where Drizzt was sitting. Watching him closely, she stated: "Haku Soul, now dead, along with Eris Eternity murdered my daughter and I want to make her pay. It just so happens that she's gained power as she is a sub-leader of Salsola. I wish to destroy this pack. What say you?" [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread