The water won't spare us
[html]

Sorry for the wait on this, guys!

Word Count → 436

Noir nodded to her, and Vesper could feel excitement wash over her—not the high-energy excitement of a pup, but something smooth, invigorating but controlled; the excitement of having a purpose. She’d been alone for so long, she’d neglected to ask others to assist her in her quests, and she certainly hadn’t been assisting others. Now she could feel that she was a part of something. She knew she respected Noir and Zalen, though the other had yet to prove himself; she did not know even know his name.

The male extended his sword, hilt offered to their pale employer with the point of the blade touching his chest. He spoke, first in English and then in some language that Vesper did not understand. Coyote-large ears swiveled forward before he finished, pledging himself to the task they shared.

After the man’s pledge, Noir addressed them once more. “We will all be comrades then, together, then. We’re all equal, even me. This will be our fight, but we’ll need more.” She returned the man’s foreign words then translated them for the others in the room; an amused smirk cracked Ves’ expectant façade, but then the woman addressed another in the room.

Just then, a stranger that even keen Vesper had failed to notice shouldered past her. She bared her teeth but kept her silence, not wanting to be seen as some quean that got fussy at any misinterpreted action. She took a seat, watching and waiting.

Ichika no Ho-en—where had Vesper heard that name before? She recalled meeting that young luperci by the falls and nodded faintly. She hadn’t heard a lot about the pack, only managing to grasp that they were “peaceful,” which she hadn’t realized was such a key part of it—unless these were simply strong morals on the part of the stranger, Jaden.

Vesper held back a scoff, knowing that she wanted to make a good impression on the other wolves gathered here—so far she realized she was the only hybrid, and of course the only non-luperci. She spoke lightly, not challenging the other’s views but merely pointing out, “Taking innocent canines as slaves seems to be destructive to peace, too. I’m not saying that we should kill every member of Salsola—that would be a massacre rather than punishment—but no one else seems to have struck any blow against them yet.” She paused then dipped her head slightly to Noir, more of a respectful than submissive gesture since the woman had stated they were all equals. “Not that I am speaking for more than myself.”

<style type="text/css">
.veseqoi b {font-weight:bold; color:#89bbd6; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi t {font-style:italic; color:#89bbd6; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.veseqoi {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#331514; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ceg77r.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 520px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e2c1c7; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.veseqoi .wordcount {color:#e2c1c7; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #e2c1c7; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread