The water won't spare us
[html]

Words ~ 300

The first to speak an answer to Jaden was the coyote hybrid. Not surprising, pesky mutts always seemed to have an answer for everything. They were only ever quite with a blade to their throat. Some would continue to speak even after that—so long as the blade holder was merciful. Jaden wasn’t sure if he was quite that honorable yet.

One ebony ear swiveled in response to the coyote. Other then that simple movement, he shrugged off her words and waited for the tan woman before him to speak to the called out Ichikan. He watched as she took in that he was armed and actually read some suspicion of him! She was distrusting enough to think a man who would step forward and state his loyalties to be a spy? Or a telltale? She began to speak and her words insured honor. She spoke of mercy for the young and the various atrocities of Salsola. One her last notes the woman’s voice fell icy. Jaden’s ears flicked with unease, but he still withheld expression.

The ebony male who Drizzt seemed to know well then spoke, brining Jaden’s own morals into question. Hmm. Jaden took a moment to absorb the outcome of his test. His hand came up off the dagger at his hip and he rubbed the fur on his chin thoughtfully, his other arm crossed over his belly. I am wrong then. You, he said looking at Zalen, are right. Forgive my doubt, but you must realize how odd it is to hear a group conversing about acts of war with such fine morals. The ebony wolf searched the collection of hard gazes for Drizzt and hope a fellow assassin would endorse Jaden’s good conscience.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread