The water won't spare us
Jaden, if you want to reply quickly and then I can reply once more, that would be great! Then we can have another full group round to discuss the plan. >;D I just don't want to bog down the thread too much! Hope that's okay guysss. <3
[html]
[/html]When Zalen spoke, she immediately liked the way he did it. His words reminded her of the tellers of old human times: of Jeremy Bentham’s insistence on gender equality in a time when it was laughable; of John Stuart Mill’s nuanced arguments – and how she’d found him so much more enchanting than his father; of the Ricardo’s and Smith’s who talked about money in very complex ways, but in the end, wanted to better society. Tayui thought it was all very romantic and very much liked the idea of them being vengeful romanticists: a dusting of a rose petal and a flourish of the hand was all she needed to make this into something admirable, rather than a simple story of vengeance.

Tayui held her gaze steady with the unknown wolf – no, Jaden, he’d said – as his hand brushed over a weapon at his hip. He drew his hand to his chin and pondered out loud. Pondered! The audacity! Tayui still didn’t understand his motives and therefore could not trust him quite yet. However, he seemed to agree with Zalen, which left Tayui wondering just what he wanted. He couldn’t have just happened to walk past, hear them speaking, and think ‘well, this is the day I’ll bring war to a pack,’ could he?

Before Tayui could mull this over any more, Drizzt spoke his own mind, and Tayui wondered what exactly he was getting at. Did they all know something about this fellow that she did not? If Tayui happened across a secret meeting, pledging her allegiance wouldn’t be the first thing on her mind. That wasn’t what Jaden was doing, was it?

Indeed, it seemed as though there was a connection between Zalen and Drizzt; she’d noticed it when they had first arrived, but it seemed as though they were much closer than anticipated. She just hoped she would not be the one dealing with Jaden if the time came; she didn’t think she was well matched for an assassin; even a peaceful one with morals (though, she was apparently one of the moralistic class, too now). Drizzt’s confidence in Jaden made her certain that she could not afford to make an enemy out of him because if she did not have Zalen or Drizzt’s support, she could not physically harm him. That being said, if his skills were as great as Drizzt claimed, then she definitely wanted him on their team; especially if he could make their goals conform to his moral code.

Vesper spoke up, too, and Tayui nodded along. Yes, no matter what the choice they made, a plan would have to be formed. She had a certain idea, but she’d only be sharing it if she was certain this Jaden fellow could keep a secret plan, well, secret.

“Well then,” she spoke slowly, glancing from one canine to the next, “will you be joining us, Jaden? I am sure you know that knowing this sort of information could be – deadly – but I would rather have you on our side. Drizzt says you’re good and I’m inclined to believe him.” She didn’t want to talk shop just yet; not until she was certain Jaden would be helping, not harming, the group. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread