The water won't spare us
[html]

Hey all, Smile Finally made it!

It had been a while. That was all that ran through the ebony woman’s mind as she crossed her way into Halifax. It was only a couple of hours into her return, but already the adrenaline pumped through her veins. In her heart she knew that this was not her sole purpose of returning, but a promise had been made, and so she kept to it. Eyes had wandered over every detail of her surroundings; the broken concrete, twisting vines, shrubbery overtaking buildings and empty shells of a world lost. She couldn’t recall the exact location of where she was meant to be, but had searched high and low – it couldn’t be much further; there were voices in the wind.

Ears perked atop her crown, Lucia’s hand fell swiftly to the dagger on her belt. A slight hiss came from her lips, an injury to her arm from a fight outside of Nova Scotia stinging with the movement. Listening silently, her two legs still pulling in the direction of the noise, she took in every detail she could grasp. It seemed like war was on everyone’s mind, and that was fine by her. Sniffing the air, Lucia could pinpoint a couple of names; Tayui, the one she had promised, Jaden, the male she had met by the mountains, and Zalen. It was with the realization that he was there that her blood ran cold. The hackles on the back of her neck rose, adrenaline turned to anxiety. Pausing movement, Lucia weighed up her options. Would she show up, would she turn and flee? Should she speak, should she not? It was a hard decision at best – did she keep her loyalties to Tayui and face the music of abandoning Zalen? Her heart said yes, but her mind disagreed. Truth was, Lucia was a coward around men. They scared her, broke her spirit, and Zalen had done the same. That was why she left, fear and distrust.

Sighing, her dark hand loosened on the handle of the blade and she swallowed all the anxieties within. Stepping forward, emerald coals fell over the group, and with a silent smile, she avoided Zalen altogether. “Tayui,” she spoke bluntly, voice empty and emotionless, though a grateful shimmer in her eyes. It was good to see this strange female again, it made Lucia’s mind ease. “I’m glad to see there are no trees this time.” She couldn’t have resisted. The first time these two had crossed paths, Lucia had found her clinging to a tree; a most bizarre behaviour. It had now become somewhat of a personal joke for the ebony female, and she hoped that the other woman would also find the funny side.

“I know I’ve missed a fair bit,”
her eyes scouted over the rest of the crowd. There seemed to be quite a variety; they had an advantage after all. “But I am here as promised. I heard brief bits and pieces on my way here, but that’s no bother. I’m sure one of you could catch me up at a later date.” There was still nothing but ice in her tone. She couldn’t allow Zalen to catch on to her emotions; she couldn’t be seen as weak. Thus, she didn’t even look at him, didn’t acknowledge he was even there. The only thing she did that linked to him was comment on the last little bit of speaking she had heard.

“If its stealth you’re after, count me in.”
Her gaze stayed on Tayui, strict and completely business. “But I can also offer strength. Knives, no knives, tooth-to-claw… it’s at your disposal. After all, what is there left to live for without a bit of chaos once in a while?” She smiled, with a dangerous look in her eye. This wasn’t the same female that had left in the night, she had changed. And frankly, it seemed to not be for the better.

<style type="text/css">
.lt b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lt .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #a99393;}
.lt p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lt {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#2c3033; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread