The water won't spare us
OMG SO LONG.
[html]
[/html] Tayui nodded quickly when Zalen spoke. She was glad he was thinking the same thing as she: they absolutely could not go in blind. Although she had her knowledge of the pack from her time as a member, she didn't want them to go in with false or old information. She had been wondering who among their group could spy on the pack, but she didn't think that it would be wise for one of them to do it. She feared they would be caught and questioned. She had seen a slave's tongue get cut out for reaching for food too quickly. Although it was natural for the dominant wolves of a pack to eat first, she'd never seen a canine lose his tongue for it.

"We'll need some spies then," she agreed. "I don't know if it would be safe for any of us to do the spying," she began, in reply to Vesper's tentative suggestion. "We could pay some canines to do it. We could target a hungry loner or someone from Anathema or Inferni. Both have a few unsavoury characters there," she explained with a smirk.

Tayui didn't have a reply to Vesper's question about the slaves. For a moment, she was stumped. She hadn't really thought about that. But, then, remembering her time in Salsola, she replied: "I don't think it'd be a huge problem. They're not underfed there. They do a lot of menial labour, so I don't think they're starving. But if they need food or help, I would be willing to offer it. I don't have much, but what I can find I will share." She didn't believe in turning them loose and expecting them to fend for themselves, though she didn't think it would be very realistic for her to help any slaves like Vesper was suggesting. It was just her and Attila -- and she didn't think the two of them could hunt for three or four.

Though, she was getting off track. Her real mission was to find and kill Eris. She wanted to help the slaves, but she was also starting to wonder if she would make it out alive. A confrontation could leave her bleeding and needing healing.

As she considered Zalen's other question, about getting word to the slaves, she wondered how it would be possible. Salsolans patrolled their borders to the point of obsession, so it would be difficult to sneak anyone in.

"As for getting word to the slaves, how would we do that? We'd need someone to sneak in there without detection, like a -- a ghost." As she considered this idea, a small smile blossomed across her maw. She frowned when she realized she didn't have easy access to a ghost who would be willing to do their bidding. How could she assume one would? If only she had a spirit guide. But alas, after two years of living in AniWaya, she had never taken her spirit journey to see if she could find a spirit guide, if she even had one.

She was about to ponder this out loud, perhaps with Zalen's help, when she heard her name being called. She turned her head and saw Lucia, one of Zalen's friends, enter. She barked out a snarkish laugh before she piped down so that Lucia could speak.

Tayui wasn't quite sure what to make of the woman's speech -- especially the bit at the end -- but she would be happy to have another body helping them out.

"As long as you use your chaos to benefit the alliance, I'll welcome you," she replied. She glanced from one canine to the next, wondering if they agreed.

[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread