to hide from my twisted ways
[html]

Omg, I know, it's really gawgeous.

Kansas had always been a coward. He knew this and hopefully those who loved him realized this too, and it didn't bother them. He could handle emotional trauma if he really worked at it, but fighting was not his thing. It scared him to death. Of course, he wouldn't have turned tail and fled if he was ever forced to defend himself or someone he cared for. But in reality, he wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it and he'd probably find the quickest way out. It was something Kansas was ashamed of, but that he knew he could probably never bring himself to change.

"That sounds... fun." He really meant it. He enjoyed fiddling about doing fairly unimportant things. "I'll help you clean if you want." A small smile began to form. He really appreciated her effort to make him feel like he was really welcome; she gave him the option of picking a room, making it his own. "Ha, great. I've never painted before, just written...Oh, I almost forgot." He laughed a little; now seemed like a good opportunity. He reached into his bag and pulled out the small slate she'd let him borrow so many months ago. On its surface he had scrawled "Naniko D'Angelo" and drawn a rather ugly flower beside it. He'd done it that morning before his talk with his mother. He offered the slate to her with an awkward smile. "I practiced, like you said. A lot."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread