War Plot Frustrations
I'm not actually having this problem since I'm not immersed into the middle of the plot, and I see why the orchestrators of the plot want every moment to be a big surprise/reveal, but it is not that epic when it's doing this to the RP. I think with a board-wide plot such as this it is the responsibility of the players who are organizing the plot twists to have some sort of guidelines or time line announced in advance so we can look and see what we need to at least account for in our RP. It's really not fair to have a character have not reacted properly to something because we've gone back and changed what's happened (by backdating threads so far). It doesn't give people a fair chance to stay immersed in the plot, and is kind of like power playing when you go BACK and say "oh yeah by the way, this totally happened in the past that can possibly directly effect your character but your character didn't know about". :-\

Not to say that I disapprove of the plot. It just sounds like a sucky problem. People should have an idea of what's going on when it's as big of a plot as is. I know a few people who have big grievances with the plot, some I agree with and some I don't, but things should be more fair.

EDIT: And I think my support of Katie comes a little late with the update to the War plot thread, but yeah. x.x

Messages In This Thread