War Plot Frustrations
I don’t think anyone is trying to put heat on any of the leaders. No one is discounting the hard work and time that has been invested to weave and execute this plot, nor trying to seem ungrateful for it. It’s feedback, it’s not an attack, no need for the defense.

Of course we know that everyone has lives outside of ‘Souls, and we’ve all experienced plots big and small and are familiar with them never quite going as planned. It’d be silly to expect exact dates, but I got the feeling that all Katie was asking for was a sketch of what’s going on. Like if you say “we expect the raid to happen around this date” or like “the week of yadda yadda” then your plot twist isn’t revealed, but players can still conduct their characters accordingly if it doesn’t quite hit the moment planned.

No one needs a detailed graph of all of the side plots that happened, but it’s reasonable to have an outline of big events to know about. She's not asking you to keep track of every last little event. Ok, so we didn't manage to make that happen for this plot, at least we can learn from the concern she brought up. The point that we should take from this is; when planning big plots in the future we should release the main important date expectancies.

I personally had seen a bit of talk about the plot happen in chat when it first started and have seen information be withheld. Nothing pertinent was ever withheld from me personally but I was not that involved with the thick of the plot. A few others also complained to me at times about the same problem through AIM. However, those complaints fettered out after the first few weeks so I don’t know if people got their answers revealed in RP or if they just gave up.

Anyway… Maybe it’s worth reiterating that no one’s trying to dog, give heat to, or even criticize anyone over the plot as far as I can tell, just asking for a little clarity from here out and trying to nix a concern. Which Marit seems to be trying to accommodate, and that rocks. A little understanding on both parts would be nice here guys. I don’t see anything unreasonable about what Katie is asking.

I guess I'm just sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong, I just feel like the response was a little... "funny"...

Messages In This Thread