work, work, all day long
[html]

Ephy is such a ditz. /+2

It had been too long since he’d spoken to a child, though it was quite obvious that this lovely girl wasn’t much of a child anymore. She had reached a stage of adolescence further advanced by responsibility and stress in the pack. It made him sad to see such innocence go to waste, but not every wolf could be a puppy forever. He simply wished that they could, that he could.

The scout, Ayasha, explained that the Maska fellow was not a good leader. He nodded with a thoughtful frown, absentmindedly reaching over his shoulder to give his back a quick scratch. “Why’d ya let him become leader, then?” the male asked mildly, hoping that the question wasn’t disrespectful; after all, he’d no idea what had been going on, really. There had been snatches, but with someone unfamiliar with AniWaya’s customs, he was more confused than anything.

“Someone who’d attack those sheltering pups,” he added, though unconsciously his hands drifted down again, clasping each other casually in front of his lower abdomen to hide the barely visible scars there—though anyone could tell that Ephraim was “off” because of his scent. There was a difference between a killer and someone who’d killed, though, and he couldn’t imagine why someone would punish those who wanted the best for their children. A bad leader indeed—though his question was still valid. If there was so much unrest, why hadn’t there been a rebellion yet? Or maybe there had been an unsuccessful one; he hadn’t been paying attention enough to know.

The girl asked him how they—the Guardians, he assumed—were treating him, then prompted him for his name. With a wide and sheepish grin, the eunuch gave another bow and chuckled softly. “My apologies for being so rude, sweet child. My name is Ephraim Fisher.” He rolled his neck, still smiling. “And they’re treating me all right. A little bit of manhandling when they first saw me, but it’s no big thing.”

<style type="text/css"> .ephanoe b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff9ee;} .ephanoe t {font-style:italic; color:#fff9ee;} .ephanoe p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;} .ephanoe {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ab9361; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/122yeeh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#161311; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#c0ae89 1px 1px 1px;} .ephanoe .inner {margin:5px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#6d5e3e;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread